Program Number: 10-536-1
School Year: 2017-2018
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Fond du Lac, shared with Lakeshore Technical College
The Associate Degree in Pharmacy Services Management prepares individuals to advance their roles as Pharmacy Technicians or to transition into related roles in the work place. Pharmacy Technicians are able to provide a wide range of duties in the pharmacy, and will enhance their technical skills through additional knowledge in third party payment processing and related reimbursement issues, staff scheduling processes, customer service, and enhancing store sales. Marketing, management, and business operations are also introduced in this degree. The program culminates in a capstone course that provides the student with the opportunity to apply their education to a real-life situation through increasing store sales, creating efficient operations, improving management practices, or enhancing service to patients. Graduates will find positions as Senior Pharmacy Technicians, Assistant Store Managers, Trainers, Pharmacy Technician Managers, and many related positions in hospital or retail pharmacies or related organizations.
As a Pharmacy Services Management student, you'll attend live, interactive TV classes sent from LTC to Moraine Park; receive laboratory training in local pharmacies; participate in real-world, hands-on training during a 4-week clinical program; and take general studies classes at Moraine Park. For more information, please see Lakeshore Technical College's Pharmacy Services Management program information.
- Perform all pharmacy technician functions.
- Incorporate into practice professional ethics, laws, regulations, and policies established by the licensing state and regulatory agencies (Pharmacy Examining Board, FDA, DEA).
- Pursue lifelong professional growth and development through self-directed learning, participation in professional organizations, and continuing education.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the pharmacy and management fields as they relate to job responsibilities.
- Manage human resources and employee development.
- Resolve conflict and build teams.
- Implement a mission and goals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Senior Pharmacy Technicians
- Assistant Store Managers
- Pharmacy Technician Managers
- Related positions in hospital or retail pharmacies or related organizations
The admission process for a shared program should be completed at the host college granting the degree. Please submit the following to Lakeshore Technical College:
- College admission application
- $30 one-time fee
- High school and other official college transcripts
- College assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). Note: The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Meet with a representative at the host college to review course sequencing.
- Check with the host college if any additional steps are required.