Program Number: 10-110-1
School Year: 2017-2018
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Fond du Lac, offered through Lakeshore Technical College
Paralegals work under the supervision of lawyers in a range of tasks–researching the law; investigating; preparing for hearings, trials and real estate closings; interviewing clients and witnesses; and preparing legal documents and other legal correspondence. Paralegals cannot give legal advice or represent clients in court. If you are detail-oriented, organized, strong in communications and enjoy researching and analyzing facts, you might find a career as a paralegal very rewarding.
Lakeshore Technical College (LTC) offers its Paralegal program classes at LTC and also at Moraine Park via live interactive technology. As a Paralegal student, you'll attend live classes at the LTC campus or attend live interactive IVC classes at Moraine Park. General studies classes and labs can be taken at Moraine Park. For more information, please see Lakeshore Technical College's Paralegal program information.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $130.35 per credit (resident)
- $195.53 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2016-2017 fees; 2017-2018 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Apply ethical principles in a legal environment.
- Process legal documents.
- Perform legal research.
- Apply critical thinking skills to address legal issues.
- Demonstrate professionalism in a legal environment.
- Paralegal or legal assistant in any of the following:
- Law Office
- Government Agencies and Departments
- Corporate Human Resources or Legal Department
- District Attorney's Office
- Insurance Company
- Title Company
- Trust Department of a Bank
- Legal Aid Office
- Public Defender's Office
- Legal Advocate
This program is a Lakeshore Technical College program. The admission process for this program should be completed at Lakeshore Technical College, which is the institution granting the degree. Please submit the following to Lakeshore Technical College:
- College admission application
- $30 one-time fee
- High school and other official college transcripts
- College assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). Note: The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Meet with a representative at the host college to review course sequencing.
- Check with the host college if any additional steps are required.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.