REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 61-160-3
School Year: 2017-2018
Campus: Fond du Lac
The highly specialized professional trend in the medical office is emerging as a result of the changes in the healthcare delivery system and the continuous growth of managed care. This certificate prepares the student to perform the functions of the extremely complex billing processes in a healthcare organization.
The courses from this certificate can be directly transferred into Moraine Park’s Medical Office Specialist technical diploma and Medical Office Management associate of applied science degree should students choose to continue their education. Click here to discover more about the different career pathways in the Medical Office Cluster programs.
- $132.20 per credit (resident)
- $198.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Medical Billing Clerk
- Medical Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Medical Claims Specialist
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|501-107||Digital Literacy for Healthcare||2|
|509-102||Human Body in Health and Disease||3|
|509-107||Medical Office Insurance and Finance||2|
|160-151||Specialized Insurance Claims||3|
|160-152||Electronic Patient Billing||3|
|509-109||Medical Law, Ethics and Professionalism||2|
Current students, please see your Advisor for your academic planner.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.