REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 10-106-3
School Year: 2017-2018
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
The Legal Administrative Professional program prepares students to provide client services; produce and coordinate legal communications, documents and information; and organize and maintain files. The coursework focuses on concepts, procedures and skills specific to the legal environment.
Individuals interested in this career are detail-oriented, have strong communication skills and enjoy working with others.
Graduates are employed in private law firms, the court system, government offices, financial trust departments or private industry. They work in a variety of law fields including bankruptcy, business and corporate, criminal, divorce and family, government, trademark and copyright, real estate, civil litigation, tax law, and estate planning.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $132.20 per credit (resident)
- $198.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Establish individual code of professional ethics.
- Apply legal research, concepts and terminology skills to assigned tasks.
- Produce correspondence and documents.
- Transcribe dictation.
- Perform office and legal billing procedures.
- Apply organizational skills.
- Facilitate communication of legal matters.
- Manage storage and retrieval of legal documents.
- Compose legal correspondence.
- Assemble legal portfolio.
- Legal Administrative Professional/Legal Assistant
- Government Secretary
- Legal Administrative Professional - Private Industry
- Legal Administrative Professional - Financial Trust Department
- Program Assistant
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|106-163||Database and Spreadsheet Essentials||3|
|106-178||Legal Office Professional||3|
|106-181||Document Standards and Expectations||3|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|106-121||Advanced Document Formatting||1|
|106-135||Business Technology and Innovation||3|
|106-164||Business Applications for Microsoft Office||3|
|106-167||Legal Processes and Systems||3|
|106-101||Customer Service Essentials||3|
|106-175||Legal Documents Production 1||2|
|106-176||Legal Documents Production 2||2|
|809-1xx||Social Science Course||3|
|101-184||Principles of Accounting||3|
|106-169||Law Office Applications||3|
|196-189||Team Building and Problem Solving||3|
|809-1xx||Social Science Course||3|
|809-1xx||Behavioral Science Course||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||63|
General Education Options
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
Current students, please see your Advisor for your academic planner.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
Students with keyboarding experience take a keyboarding placement/advanced standing test prior to enrolling in Document Formatting (106-120). After completing Document Formatting, students enroll in Advanced Document Formatting (106-121).
Students with no keyboarding experience will enroll in the Keyboarding course (106-103) prior to enrolling in Document Formatting.
Students can earn both the Administrative Professional and Legal Administrative Professional associate of applied science degrees in only five terms by following the Dual Degree Administrative Professional and Legal Administrative Professional academic planner.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.