Program Number: 97-413-2
School Year: 2017-2018
Campus: West Bend
Introduces students with little or no background to the fundamentals of electrical motor control components, circuits and systems found in industrial and manufacturing settings. Topics include electrical control symbols, ladder diagrams, power distribution, control transformers, relays, motor starters, limit switches, pushbuttons, selector switches, timers, ac motor principles, proximity sensors, photo eyes and basic troubleshooting of power and control circuits. The certificate prepares students to design PLC circuits, address inputs (contacts) and outputs (coils), work with PLC numbering system, timers, counters, math functions, analog input/outputs, and PLC wiring.
Courses are directly transferable to Moraine Park’s Electricity technical diploma if students wish to further their education in this field.
- $132.20 per credit (resident)
- $198.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Apprentice Industrial Electrician
- Electrical Control Technician
- Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
Current students, please see your Advisor for your academic planner.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.