Program Number: 10-546-3
School Year: 2017-2018
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: West Bend
The Health and Wellness associate degree program is designed for students who want to learn how to coach clients in developing healthy lifestyle habits, including: nutrition, managing daily stress, and becoming more physically active. You will have the option to train for a career as a wellness coach and personal trainer or chiropractic technician. Your education prepares you for entry-level employment in fitness facilities, health care organizations, insurance companies, and other corporate and community environments.
The program will be comprised of a progressive career pathway transitioning from a Health and Wellness Technician technical diploma --> Health and Wellness associate degree.
As a student moves toward completion of the program, he/she can become certified as an ACE Health/Wellness Coach, ACE Personal Trainer, ACE Group Fitness Instructor, Chiropractic Technician, and Chiropractic Radiographic Technician, expanding your options for employment opportunities and career growth.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- Employ holistic wellness coaching strategies to implement behavior modification and lifestyle change in clients.
- Perform health and wellness assessments including fitness testing, body composition assessment, blood pressure screening, diet analysis, and health risk assessments.
- Explain the causes of chronic disease and how to prevent and manage chronic disease through lifestyle and behavior modification.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate corporate, community, or individual wellness plans.
- Assess personal fitness levels and prescribe exercise intervention plans.
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate health and wellness educational sessions to small and large groups.
- Analyze key behaviors and implement social marketing campaigns designed to promote healthy lifestyles.
- Assist in patient education and office operations.
- Lead and evaluate personal and group fitness and strength training exercise sessions. (Fitness emphasis)
- Administer therapeutic modalities and radiographic imaging. (Chiropractic emphasis)
- Wellness/Health Coach
- Health and Fitness Specialist
- Personal Trainer
- Wellness and Health Promotion Coordinator
- Customer Care Specialist
- Community Health Educator
- Chiropractic Technician
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
- A Criminal Background Check is required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
The information below is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.
|501-104||Culture of Healthcare||2|
|501-107||Digital Literacy for Healthcare||2|
|546-110||Natural Wellness Concepts||3|
|546-112||Nutrition for Health and Wellness||3|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|546-122||Theory and Practice of Fitness||3|
|- OR -|
|546-126||Strength Training and Group Fitness||3|
|546-128||Chiropractic Radiographic Technician||3|
|- OR -|
|546-130||Fitness Testing and Prescription||3|
|546-120||Advanced Wellness Concepts||3|
|546-132||Wellness Coaching and Interviewing||3|
|546-134||Wellness Assessment Procedures Lab||3|
|809-1xx||Behavioral Science Course||3|
|546-138||Health and Wellness Marketing and Promotion||3|
|546-140||Health and Wellness Internship||3|
|809-1xx||Social Science Course||3|
|809-1xx||Social Science Course||3|
|Required Elective Credits||6|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||63|
General Education Options
** The credits for 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
Additional Program Requirements
First aid and BLS/CPR needs to be completed before taking Health and Wellness Internship.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.