REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program Number: 30-531-3
School Year: 2017-2018
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
Moraine Park Technical College’s Emergency Medical Technician program prepares students for licensure as entry-level ambulance attendants in Wisconsin. Patients’ lives often depend on the quick reactions and competent care provided by emergency medical technicians. EMTs respond to emergencies as varied as vehicle crashes, heart attacks, drownings, childbirths, gunshot wounds, strokes, falls, diabetic emergencies and environmental exposures. As an EMT, you will be trained to assess a scene for hazards, assess both sick and injured patients, apply needed care and transport patients to appropriate facilities. Major topics covered in this program include: patient assessment, airway management, medical emergencies, trauma and EMS operations.
Classes will meet two nights per week during the semester.
Students must possess current certification in Basic Life Support to the American Heart Association’s Health Care Provider level, or equivalent approved by the Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services.
Students must be 18 years of age at the conclusion of the course to qualify for licensure.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $132.20 per credit (resident)
- $198.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Assess and treat sick and injured patients.
- Administer limited medications.
- Perform Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Transport sick and injured patients to appropriate medical care facilities.
- Private ambulance companies
- Volunteer community EMS providers
- Municipal fire departments
- Hospital emergency departments
- Industrial safety positions
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Health Requirements need to be met and a Criminal Background Check is required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|531-301||Emergency Medical Technician||5|
Current students, please see your Advisor for your academic planner.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
Proof of immunizations is required for ride alongs.
After completing this course, you must successfully pass the State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician practical examination and the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians written examination to qualify for a Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician license.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.