Program Number: 97-316-5
School Year: 2017-2018
Campus: Fond du Lac
The Artisan Baking Certificate is designed for individuals seeking to acquire or desiring to upgrade skills in the production of quality, scratch-baked goods. Students learn the specialized skills in mixing and handling artisan breads (including sourdoughs), high-end tortes and breakfast pastries. Emphasis is on the use of wholesome ingredients for hotel, restaurant or bakery operations.
The Nutrition, Sanitation and Safety, and Baking courses can be applied directly into Moraine Park’s Culinary Arts associate of applied science degree if students wish to continue their education. Students and graduates who want specialized training in Artisan Baking may have already completed several of the certificate courses.
- $130.35 per credit (resident)
- $195.53 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Fees shown are 2016-2017 fees; 2017-2018 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Assistant Baker
- Assistant Pastry Chef
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|316-148||Sanitation and Safety||1|
|316-169||Cakes, Tortes and Desserts||2|
- Artisan Baking Certificate, 2017-2018
- Artisan Baking Certificate, 2016-2017
- Artisan Baking Certificate, 2015-2016
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.