Study abroad is available to students. Visit with any of our students who have traveled, and they will share experiences that changed their views. Study abroad gives students the chance to learn educational, historical and social systems of another culture.
Study abroad supports workplace competencies.
Benefits of International Education
- Interact with people who hold different world views
- Identify and relate to differences in the workplace
- Gain knowledge of other cultures while seeing one’s home culture differently
- Adapt to change and new systems, from transportation to markets, menus, and customs
- Prepare for a workforce where companies have offices on other continents
Examples of Opportunities
- Over spring break, students can tour London and possibly gain college credit.
- In May, students travel to Germany where German families host the students. The trip may include Italy or France in some years.
- In June, faculty travel to China to learn about manufacturing. When possible, students have the chance to travel to China also.
- In October, College staff and students host German students in their home.
- Boren Awards include David L. Boren Scholarships for undergraduate students and David L. Boren Fellowships for graduate students. They provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. students to add an important international and language component to their educations. Boren Awards focus on geographic areas, languages, and fields of study that are critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad.
- Wisconsin Technical Colleges’ International Education Opportunities
- Illinois Consortium for International Studies and Programs
If you are interested in more information about the opportunities available, contact the Dean of General Education at 920-924-3163.