International Education opportunities are available to all MPTC students. Visit with any of our students who have traveled and they will share how they’ve gain a greater awareness of educational, historical and social systems of other cultures.
International Education supports workplace competencies.
Benefits of International Education
- Interact with people who hold different world views
- Identify and relate to differences in the workplace
- Gain knowledge of other cultures while seeing one’s home culture differently
- Adapt to change and new systems, from transportation to markets, menus, and customs
- Prepare for a workforce where companies have offices on other continents
- In May, students travel to Germany where German families host the students. The trip may include Italy or France in some years.
- In June, faculty travel to China to learn about manufacturing. When possible, students have the chance to travel to China also.
- In October, College staff and students host German students in their home.
- Boren Awards include David L. Boren Scholarships for undergraduate students and David L. Boren Fellowships for graduate students. They provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. students to add an important international and language component to their educations. Boren Awards focus on geographic areas, languages, and fields of study that are critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad.
- Wisconsin Technical Colleges’ International Education Opportunities
- Illinois Consortium for International Studies and Programs
If you are interested in more information about the opportunities available, contact the Dean of General Education at 920-924-3163.