Education abroad is a powerful way for students to build real world skills, gain self-confidence and develop global awareness. Moraine Park Technical College provides several international education opportunities, including service learning projects in Jamaica, culinary arts tours in Morocco, educational explorations of London and Paris, experiences with host families in Germany, and many additional options.
Opportunities for 2013-14
- Host Students from Germany: October 2013
- Celebrate International Education Week: November 11-15, 2013
- Service Learning in Jamaica: January 2-12, 2014
- Culinary Tour of Morocco: March 12-23, 2014
- Explore Germany: May 2014 (Dates TBA)
- Wisconsin Technical Colleges' International Education Opportunities
- Illinois Consortium for International Studies and Programs offers full-semester programs in Ireland, Spain, Costa Rica and other countries.
- Boren Awards provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. students to study abroad. Boren Awards focus on geographic areas, languages, and fields of study that are critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad.
- Benjamin Gilman International Scholarships provide opportunities for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide.
- The Foundation for Global Scholars works to create global citizens and leaders through scholarships that help undergraduate students obtain international experience. The organization offers a number of scholarships with different eligibility requirements.
Connect with International Education
For more information on International Education, please contact Ms. Amy Patterson, International Education Faculty Coordinator, at 920-887-4470, or Dr. Caron Daugherty, Dean of General & International Education, at 920-924-3163.