Multilingual Business Certificate
Program Number: 97-106-9
School Year: 2013-2014
Campus: Fond du Lac
The Multilingual Business Certificate prepares students to provide services in both a multilingual and multicultural business environment. Business service areas might include government, legal, education, telecommunications, health care, banking, attractions, hotels and resorts, and museums. As a student in this certificate, you will:
- Compose and produce documents in English and a second language.
- Apply business technology tools to communicate verbally/orally.
- Use a variety of software applications.
- Manage multicultural business practices.
- Provide multicultural customer service.
- Integrate the following core skills: customer service, team player, keyboarding, computer skills and value diversity.
- $122.20 per credit (resident)
- $183.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- According to a recent study of area businesses, this is a new and expanding career area. Government and education are also actively recruiting multilingual office assistants to serve an increasingly diverse community. Multilingual office assistants are hired to fill customer service needs, changes in product demand and technological change. Job opportunities available to graduates include: multilingual receptionist, multilingual office assistant, multilingual clerk typist, multilingual customer service and international assistant.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Admissions to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|106-117||Fundamentals of Interpretation and Translation||2|
|106-127||Office Software for Multilingual||3|
|106-128||Technology and Services for Translation||2|
|106-129||Multilingual Business Essentials||3|
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
The Final Steps
When you are in the last semester of coursework, complete the graduation candidacy form and submit it with the $30 fee to the Registration Office.