Mold Design Certificate
Program Number: 97-617-2
School Year: 2015-2016
Campus: West Bend, some courses available at the Fond du Lac campus.
Mold designers utilize their creativity to develop mold designs for production environments. They are typically detail oriented and have an interest in machines and mechanical processes.
This certificate is designed to develop the mold and die cast die design skills of an individual who has completed the Mechanical Design Technology associate of applied science degree, has previous mold set-up or manufacturing experience, or a background in a machining role. This would include journey person tool and die makers interested in moving into a design role in their field.
Representatives from business and industry have identified skills that are essential to success in manufacturing. Students will be expected to demonstrate the Critical Core Manufacturing Skills (CCMS) throughout all the manufacturing classes. These skills include: work cooperatively, work productively, listen effectively, demonstrate a positive attitude, maintain a safe work environment, demonstrate integrity, communicate clearly, follow directions, apply problem solving strategies, apply mathematical reasoning, think critically and adapt to change. Students are exposed to the concepts of lean manufacturing, as well as green sustainable technologies.
Graduates are prepared to immediately enter the industry as designers working on new mold tooling projects. Employers are looking for individuals who have the strong skills and knowledge base provided by this certificate.
- $125.85 per credit (resident)
- $188.80 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- *Fees shown are 2014-2015 fees; 2015-2016 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Mold Designer
- Die Cast Die Designer
- Tool Designer
- Product Designer
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|617-114||CAD 3-D, SolidWorks||3|
|617-115||Jig and Fixture Design||3|
|617-123||Advanced SolidWorks Assembly Modeling||3|
|617-152||Mold Design 2||3|
|617-153||Mold Design 3||3|
- Mold Design Certificate, 2015-2016
- Mold Design Certificate, 2014-2015
- Mold Design Certificate, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.