Introduction to the Instructional Assistant Career Certificate
Program Number: 97-522-2
School Year: 2014-2015
This certificate is designed for anyone with an interest in the roles of instructional assistants or educational paraprofessionals working with ages preschool through grade twelve. Courses provide an overview of the variety of duties assisting teachers in implementing instructional programs for individuals or small groups of students. The coursework in this certificate program provides a basic foundation in theory and practical application of how children learn, teaching strategies, developing positive relationships with students, supporting the classroom teacher with classroom management, and addressing the needs of special needs students. All courses transfer to the Instructional Assistant associate of applied science degree.
- $122.20 per credit (resident)
- $183.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- *Fees shown are 2013-2014 fees; 2014-2015 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Teacher Assistants
- Instructional Assistants
- Specialized Aides in Reading, Computers or Special Education
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|522-101||IA: Teamwork in School Settings||3|
|522-103||IA: Introduction to Educational Practices||3|
|522-106||IA: Child and Adolescent Development||3|
|522-107||IA: Overview of Special Education||3|
|522-111||IA: Guiding and Managing Behavior||3|
- Introduction to the Instructional Assistant Career Certificate, 2014-2015
- Introduction to the Instructional Assistant Career Certificate, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.