Information Technology - Applications Developer - Interactive Media
Program Number: 10-152-5
School Year: 2013-2014
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: West Bend, but most courses also offered online.
The Information Technology - Applications Developer program trains students in computer programming languages, client/ server applications, database theory and application, systems analysis and design, Internet applications, operating systems and software applications. This program includes alternative courses. The Interactive Design emphasis is for those who are more interested in programming for digital application while the Business emphasis includes courses that focus more on business applications.
Individuals in this career need to be detail-oriented and have the ability to communicate effectively.
Statewide Salary Range for Recent Graduates
- $122.20 per credit (resident)
- $183.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Develop a relational database.
- Develop application systems using the Systems Development Life Cycle approach.
- Develop an interactive media application.
- Apply an effective team production process from concept to completion.
- Develop a mobile application using web-based technology.
- Systems Analyst
- Applications Support Specialist
- Applications Developer
- Database Developer
- Web Applications Developer
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Meet with Admissions to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
- Check with Admissions if any additional steps are required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|152-106||Web Site Design||3|
|152-127||Visual Studio Developer||3|
|206-104||Interactive Design and Authoring||3|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|152-118||Database-Driven Web Sites||3|
|152-126||Introduction to Systems Analysis||3|
|152-128||Visual Basic, Database Connectivity||3|
|809-166||Introduction to Ethics: Theory and Application||3|
|152-129||Visual Basic, Business Applications||3|
|152-141||Interactive Media Programming||3|
|801-196||Oral and Interpersonal Communication||3|
|152-134||Visual Basic, SQL Applications||3|
|152-138||Advanced Java Programming||2|
|809-198||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||70|
A Capstone Project is the exit assessment graduation requirement for this program.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation. Consequently, they are not part of the program credit requirements.
- Information Technology - Applications Developer - Interactive Media, 2013-2014
- Information Technology - Applications Developer - Interactive Media, 2012-2013
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.