Electrical Substation Certificate
Program Number: 97-413-1
School Year: 2015-2016
Campus*: Beaver Dam
The Electrical Substation Certificate offers students the opportunity to enhance their skills, enabling them to inspect and maintain electrical substations. Coursework introduces students to a basic understanding of the theories, process, systems and equipment used in electrical substations. The coursework equips students with the skills to compete in today’s industry.
This certificate allows the student to take associate of applied science degree level courses without the time commitment of a full-time program. A portion of the credits can be applied toward the Electrical Power Distribution diploma if the student desires. If you have any questions on which courses will transfer, please contact Moraine Park Technical College.
- $128.40 per credit (resident)
- $192.60 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Apprentice Substation Maintenance Mechanic
- Substation Electrician Apprentice
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|413-142||Introduction to Electrical Substation||3|
|413-144||Substation Control and System Protection||3|
|413-146||Substation Testing and Diagnostics||3|
|413-307||Electrical Theory and Safety 1||3|
- Electrical Substation Certificate, 2015-2016
- Electrical Substation Certificate, 2014-2015
- Electrical Substation Certificate, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.