Die Design Certificate
Program Number: 97-617-1
School Year: 2015-2016
Campus: West Bend, some courses available at the Fond du Lac campus.
Creativity and accuracy come together in the die design profession, where detail-oriented machinists develop die designs for production environments.
Moraine Park's Die Design Certificate focuses on metal stamping die design skills and is custom-made for individuals who have completed the Mechanical Design Technology associate of applied science degree, have previous die set-up or manufacturing experience, or have a background in machining. This includes journey workers in the tool and die making trade who are interested in moving into a design role in their field.
Representatives from business and industry have identified skills that are essential to success in manufacturing. Students will be expected to demonstrate the Critical Core Manufacturing Skills (CCMS) throughout all the manufacturing classes. These skills include: work cooperatively, work productively, listen effectively, demonstrate a positive attitude, maintain a safe work environment, demonstrate integrity, communicate clearly, follow directions, apply problem solving strategies, apply mathematical reasoning, think critically and adapt to change. Students learn the concepts of lean manufacturing and green sustainable technologies.
Graduates are prepared to enter the industry as designers working on new die tooling projects. Employers are seeking individuals who have the strong skills and knowledge base provided by this certificate.
- $125.85 per credit (resident)
- $188.80 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- *Fees shown are 2014-2015 fees; 2015-2016 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Die Designer
- Tool Designer
- Product Designer
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|617-114||CAD 3-D, SolidWorks||3|
|617-115||Jig and Fixture Design||3|
|617-123||Advanced SolidWorks Assembly Modeling||3|
|617-147||Die Design 2||3|
|617-148||Die Design 3||3|
- Die Design Certificate, 2015-2016
- Die Design Certificate, 2014-2015
- Die Design Certificate, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.