Commercial Refrigeration Certificate
Program Number: 97-601-2
School Year: 2015-2016
Campus*: West Bend
Moraine Park’s Commercial Refrigeration Certificate provides students with the theory and hands-on training in the operation, system design and component application, installation and start-up, preventative maintenance, and service repair of commercial refrigeration systems and equipment.
Graduates may work in the commercial refrigeration industry in one or more of the following areas:
- Service and installation of food and beverage refrigeration equipment
- Service and installation of supermarket equipment
- Service and repair of special refrigeration systems
Successful people in this field are in good physical condition, are neat in appearance, have good mechanical and electrical aptitude, and possess good analytical skills.
Graduates must pass the EPA refrigerant-handling certification and the Industry Competency Exam (ICE).
Graduates of this certificate may directly transfer their credits into Moraine Park’s Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology associate of applied science degree if they wish to continue their education.
- $128.40 per credit (resident)
- $192.60 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Refrigeration Servicing Technician
- Service Representative
- Lab Technician
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|601-107||Electricity and Electronics HVAC||3|
|601-108||Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Schematics||2|
|601-120||Fundamentals of Refrigeration||2|
|601-121||Refrigeration Service Techniques||2|
|601-129||Commercial Food Service Refrigeration||3|
- Commercial Refrigeration Certificate, 2015-2016
- Commercial Refrigeration Certificate, 2014-2015
- Commercial Refrigeration Certificate, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.