Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Certification Preparation Certificate
Program Number: 97-550-1
School Year: 2015-2016
Campus: Fond du Lac
Selected courses from the associate of applied science degree program, Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Associate (AODA), contain competencies required for counselor certification. The AODA Certificate program is designed for professionals who already have a degree in human services and are interested in acquiring an additional specialty in AODA counseling.
- $125.85 per credit (resident)
- $188.80 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- *Fees shown are 2014-2015 fees; 2015-2016 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
Opportunities for Advancement
Graduates of the AODA Certification Preparation Certificate are encouraged to continue their formal training; Moraine Park offers a 72-credit associate of applied science degree-level program in AODA. Graduates of this program find employment as intake workers, house managers in CBRFs, counselor aides, crisis workers and relief workers. The AODA Certification Preparation Certificate course credits are transferable to the AODA associate of applied science degree.
The AODA program is approved by the State of Wisconsin, Department of Safety and Professional Services.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|550-106||Physiological Complications and Psychopharmacology||3|
|550-112||Client Rights, Confidentiality and Ethics||3|
|550-121||Introduction to Substance Abuse Treatment||4|
|550-125||Counseling Skills and Practice||3|
|550-135||Diversity in Counseling||3|
|550-140||Counseling Theory and Practice||3|
|550-142||Introduction to Community Mental Health||3|
- Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Certification Preparation Certificate, 2015-2016
- Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Certification Preparation Certificate, 2014-2015
- Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Certification Preparation Certificate, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.