Program Number: 31-101-1
School Year: 2015-2016
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend, Online
The Accounting Assistant program prepares students to perform entry-level bookkeeping and accounting work. Graduates may work in a small business and be responsible for all aspects of bookkeeping or work in a larger firm and specialize in a certain area under the supervision of an accountant. The program combines hands-on computer training with accounting concepts and procedures. It serves as a solid foundation for further study in the accounting field. Courses are directly transferrable into Moraine Park’s Accounting associate of applied science degree.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $125.85 per credit (resident)
- $188.80 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- *Fees shown are 2014-2015 fees; 2015-2016 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Process financial information according to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Maintain computerized accounting program.
- Prepare payroll and payroll tax reports.
- Account Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Payroll Clerk
- Billing Clerk
- General Office Clerk
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
- Check with Admissions if any additional steps are required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
The information below is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.
|101-138||Data Management, Analysis and Reporting||3|
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|101-123||Income Tax Accounting||3|
|101-154||Microcomputer Accounting Applications||3|
|801-196||Oral and Interpersonal Communication||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||35|
Completion of 101-154 Microcomputer Accounting Applications is the exit assessment graduation requirement for the program.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation. Consequently, they are not part of the program credit requirements.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.