Program Number: 31-316-1
School Year: 2017-2018
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Fond du Lac
Moraine Park’s Culinary Assistant program provides students with hands-on experience and skills in a broad range of cooking techniques and preparation methods as well as training in baking and work environment safety and sanitation.
Graduates of the program can directly transfer their credits into Moraine Park’s Culinary Arts associate of applied science degree if they decide to continue their education.
There is a high demand for graduates in areas such as hospital food service, school and college food service, food contracting companies, the health care industry, retirement communities, and residential care facilities.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $132.20 per credit (resident)
- $198.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Apply principles of safety and sanitation in food service operations.
- Apply basic principles of nutrition.
- Demonstrate basic culinary skills.
- Assist in food service management.
- Plan menus.
- Explore food service financial information.
- Institutional Cook
- Restaurant Host/Hostess
- Cook, School Cafeteria
- Cook Apprentice (Hotel/Restaurant)
- Assistant Cook
- Baker/Deli Assistant
- Dietary Aide
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
The information below is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|316-105||Science of Baking||1|
|316-108||Meat Analysis 1||1|
|316-148||Sanitation and Safety||1|
|316-109||Meat Analysis 2||1|
|316-111||Soups and Sauces||2|
|316-112||Cold Foods (Sandwich and Salad)||1|
|316-169||Cakes, Tortes and Desserts||2|
|316-181||Customer Sales and Service||1|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||35|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
Current students, please see your Advisor for your academic planner.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
Note: Students must purchase a uniform and knife set for this program.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.