Program Number: 31-101-1
School Year: 2017-2018
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend, Online
The Accounting Assistant program prepares students to perform entry-level bookkeeping and accounting work. Graduates may work in a small business and be responsible for all aspects of bookkeeping or work in a larger firm and specialize in a certain area under the supervision of an accountant. The program combines hands-on computer training with accounting concepts and procedures. It serves as a solid foundation for further study in the accounting field. Courses are directly transferrable into Moraine Park’s Accounting associate of applied science degree.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $132.20 per credit (resident)
- $198.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Please refer to the MPTC Student Handbook for additional enrollment fee information.
- Process financial transactions throughout the accounting cycle.
- Analyze basic financial and business information to support planning and decision-making.
- Perform payroll preparation, reporting, and analysis tasks.
- Account Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Payroll Clerk
- Billing Clerk
- General Office Clerk
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
The information below is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.
|101-138||Data Management, Analysis and Reporting||3|
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|101-123||Income Tax Accounting||3|
|101-154||Microcomputer Accounting Applications||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||35|
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation.
Current students, please see your Advisor for your academic planner.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.