#Ind.53.63 requires that all structural welding done in the State of Wisconsin be performed by state-certified welders. Single family or two-family dwellings and buildings used solely for agricultural use are exempt from this requirement.
All tests are in accordance with AWS D1.1 Structural Steel Welding Code. All joint configurations and welding processes must meet the criteria given under section 3 of AWS D1.1 titled Prequalification of WPSs.
- Because all tests are given by State of Wisconsin Weld Test Conductors, welders successfully passing this test can be registered with the state of Wisconsin as certified welders. This is commonly known as being “state certified”.
- Exams are given on 1″ or 3/8″ steel plate.
- Joints are V-grooves with or without backing strips in the positions needed.
- SMAW, FCAW or GMAW processes may be used.
- Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Cost: $200 for 2 sets of test plates
- More plates can be purchased for $100 each if needed, please call 262-335-5828
- To register for one of the following exam dates, please call 920-924-3207 or 1-800-472-4554
|CRN #||Course #||Campus||Date|
|31024||442-415||Beaver Dam||February 2, 2018|
|31025||442-415||Fond du Lac||April 14, 2018|
If you need a welding certification other than an AWS D1.1 prequalified joint, or if you have any questions about welding certifications, please call Larry Clark at 920-887-4490 in Beaver Dam to discuss certification possibilities.