Veterans and certain eligible dependents may be entitled to educational benefits under various programs administered by the Veterans Administration (VA). Moraine Park Technical College has been approved by the Wisconsin State Approving Agency for training of qualified individuals under approved programs and all public laws pertaining to Veterans educational benefits. Moraine Park assists with the GI Bill process and serves as a liaison between various Federal and State agencies, the College, and our students.
The Department of Veterans Affairs administers a variety of education benefit programs. To apply, go to www.gibill.va.gov.
The GI Bill comparison tool provides key information about college affordability and value so beneficiaries can choose the best education program for their needs. Try out the Comparison Tool today.
To utilize your Federal GI Bill benefits at Moraine Park, submit the following to the Veterans Certifying Official:
- Federal Certificate of Eligibility (mailed from the VA once your application is processed).
- Discharge papers/DD-214
- VA Form 22-1995 (only if you’ve previously used Federal GI Bill benefits at another institution).
Keep in mind:
- Only courses required for your degree program may be funded.
- Accelerated or short courses could affect your monthly housing payments
- You may be required to repay overpayments to Moraine Park or the VA for W or F grades.
You must request to be certified to the VA each semester. Fill out the Veteran Certification Request Form once your selection of classes is complete. If your schedule changes in anyway please notify the Veterans Certifying Official immediately.
GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.