- This event has passed.
April 8, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
In with the New …
Moraine Park Technical College has provided career services to students, alumni and the community for decades, but a new Career Employment Center will now put these services literally front and center at the College’s Fond du Lac campus. Moraine Park will be unveiling this new facility at a special community Open House on April 8.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new Career Employment Center (CEC) addition will kick things off at 10 a.m.
During the Open House, members of the public can participate in short hands-on activities in the CEC to learn about the career exploration and job search resources available.
Try It Out!
Elsewhere throughout the campus, which boasts more than 300,000 square feet of space, members of the public can tour classrooms, take part in program demonstrations and win prizes.
These activities are free and open to the public as well and will take place from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
These activities are designed for all ages, and just a sampling of the highlights include:
- Trying hors d’oeuvres and enjoy pastry demonstrations from culinary faculty. That right there is enough reason to come out by itself!
Beyond that, though, you can:
- Examine specimens under microscopes like a medical lab technician.
- Explore virtual reality and other technology applications our students use.
- Take in a welding process demonstration.
- See if you could take on a criminal through a simulated activity.
- Experiment with chemistry
- Check out our life support teaching equipment, climb aboard our mobile EMS lab, and analyze X-rays.
- And learn about Moraine Park enrollment, services and employment opportunities.
- On the lighter side, if you enjoy playing golf, we will also help you improve your putting stroke with the help of a math solution!
- Or you can sample ice cream and learn how HVAC technicians keep ice cream makers working.
Win Prizes …
The more areas of Moraine Park’s campus open house guests explore, the greater the chance they have of winning prizes. The College is offering gift certificates from its automotive, culinary and cosmetology service areas, as well as an Amazon Echo Dot, a Garmin Vivofit and a grand prize iPad Air as part of the day’s giveaways.
Bring the Kids
Moraine Park’s open house will also be a special chance for families to have some fun around campus as well. A popcorn maker and cake will be available, as well as face painting, balloon art, “stuff a wolf,” washable tattoos and more as part of the fun.