- This event has passed.
Leading Successful Projects
April 25 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm$725
Team projects require collaboration and the ability to adhere to a comprehensive process. In this session, participants are exposed to an introduction of a common project management process and language based on the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK.) The program helps individuals develop the skills and strategies needed to work with diverse project team members to successfully lead projects.
- Determine the impact of a project on the organization and its stakeholders.
- Build and retain stakeholder commitment to the project deliverables.
- Understand and use the project life-cycle concept.
- Determine project documentation needs.
- Develop a work breakdown structure (WBS) and create work packages.
- Estimate the resources required to complete the project.
- Assign project roles and responsibility for each task.
- Schedule the tasks to determine when each task will start and stop.
- Identify and assess project risk and take the appropriate actions to avoid and /or mitigate risk.
- Lock in project resources to ensure they are available when required.
- Monitor and control the project (scope, time and cost).
- Evaluate project performance and determine what has been learned
This class meets on Tuesday, April 25, and Wednesday, April 26, 2017.